Chediak Advogados offers consulting counsel in criminal matters for its clients to meet the strictest Brazilian legislative requirements. In any area – environmental, tax, consumer, labor, among others – the goal is to prevent criminal developments that may affect their business and executives.
The Firm has a multidisciplinary team with the required experience to assist companies, both domestic and foreign, and their managers, in complex cases involving several jurisdictions.
- Due diligence in criminal matters
- Legal opinions in criminal matters
- Legal counsel with regard to cooperation with public authorities and self-report
- Internal corporate investigations (preparation of investigation plan, document review, interviews, preparation and presentation of final report)
- Legal counsel in leniency agreements
- Preparation of requests to file and follow-up on police inquiries
- Follow-up on hearings before public authorities
- Criminal defense in the investigation and court stages
- Follow-up on precautionary measures
- Counsel and execution of agreements for early collaboration, non-prosecution, among others.
- Counsel in negotiations with Brazilian authorities concomitantly negotiating with foreign authorities (DOJ, SEC, SFO, among others)
- Collaboration in internal investigations by foreign offices in domestic subsidiaries